Montadales are considered a dual-purpose breed, raised for both wool and meat. Montadales are hardy animals that thrive across the United States. Montadale wool is very lofty, works well for needle felting and is strong yet soft. It is a dream to spin or felt. It's crystal clear color brings light and soft glow to any project. Montadales produce excellent wool. Nearly all Montadale wool is extremely white in color. Montadales produce very little lanolin.
Some characteristics of Montadale wool:
- Soft wool
- Springy crimp
- Spin count grades 48s-58s
- Micron count 32 up to 25
- Staple lengthle length 3.25"-4.5"
- Color - extremely white
- Very little lanolin
- High yielding
- Excellent for hand spinning
- Scours out to being very white
- White takes dye well with all colors